The Department Of Management:
With the world of business constantly changing and a strong base created for technology in the country, it is of utmost importance to augment management talent and resources at all levels. Strategies and goals of any educational institution has to be constantly redefined to keep in pace with the external environment. All this, led to the birth of the BBA department of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce in the year 2004 – 2005. Within a short period of time, the department has emerged as a promising institute in the field of management studies at the undergraduate level. This department aims at motivating students to take up higher studies in management, so that they may blossom into effective entrepreneurs who would not be afraid of taking risk, or teachers and researchers who would contribute positively towards the betterment of the society or to take up consultation to help business units leverage on management knowledge.
Objectives Of The Course: (BBA)
• To impart knowledge to students in functional areas of business so that they may pursue careers in management and excel in different fields of management.
• To incorporate extensively – along with theoretical knowledge sharing – various skills (viz., Presentations, rapid reading, geo political awareness, time management) needed for managerial effectiveness
• To promote knowledge through research – both applied and conceptual relevant to management
• To enhance the decision – making skills and administrative competence of students
• To motivate students to apply management techniques to new and innovative areas of management
Duration Of The Course:
The course of study for the BBA Degree shall extend over a period of three academic years. Each academic year comprises of two semesters. Each Semester comprises of 18 weeks. The candidates shall complete his/her BBA Degree within six semesters from the date of admission to the First Semester of the Course.
Students, who have completed two year Pre–University Course of Karnataka State or equivalent there to, are eligible to seek admission to the BBA degree course.
Subjects Of Study:
A candidate for the BBA degree course shall seek to study the subjects shown under course structure.
• The BBA course is designed for students who aspire to be innovative leaders and entrepreneurs, and provides a comprehensive and integrated understanding of business in a contemporary and international context.
• This course aims to develop the knowledge and understanding of the students in the Principles of Management and Enterprise development
• The Course curriculum isimparted by the use of innovative pedagogical tools and techniques by faculty who are highly qualified and competent.
• Corporate internships and social internships are actively encouraged which allows students to acquire new skills, good experience and apply what they have learnt in a practical setting.
• Holistic development of students by training in soft skills, computer skills, certificate courses and Interdisciplinary subjects included under the choice based credit system (CBCS).
• Optional modules in the second and third years enable the students to tailor their degree to their interests and career goal
• The Department facilitates and encourages students to take up interdisciplinary courses at London School of Economics, which enables them to gain broader perspectives and skills in the field of Commerce and Management in order to enhance their academic exposure to international standards.
International Twinning Programme
Students enrolled under this program will study the first year of Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) at SJCC and next 2 years in Swansea University, UK.
Swansea University, UK, a traditional and research oriented university established in 1920 that shares similar values to SJCC. It has been rated one of the best in the U.K. for The Best Student Experience and is particularly known for its excellence in Accounting, Finance, Business and Management, Economics and Law.
The final undergraduate degree will be awarded by Swansea University.
Applicants please note - Applications to be filled separately for each course.