At St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, one does not confine learning to the four walls of the classroom. The management of the college encourages industrial visits for the students in order, to ensure that the students are updated about the latest developments in the corporate world. The students also get an opportunity to meet eminent professionals from the business world who can impart their knowledge and share their experiences.
Each class in the BBA department has to compulsorily undertake an industrial visit every academic year.
In the past, these industrial visits have been to Torishima Pumps Factory, Wipro Lights Factory, Mysore, Karnataka Milk Federation Factory, Paramount Nutrition Limited, Brilliant Printers Factory and Navkar Bio-Chem Pvt. Ltd.
Industrial Visits are not limited to local industries. The BBA Department organizes an annual international industrial/ university visit to give the students an international outlook.
In 2015, a 10-day International Trip to Spain, Italy and France was organized for forty-four students of the department. The trip was a remarkably enriching experience that juxtaposed sightseeing tours with industrial and academic excursions. The students visited the Fragonard Perfume factory in Paris and the Carraro Axles factory in Italy, where they experienced the practical aspects of Supply Chain Management and Materials Handling. They also spent a day at the University of Padova- the alma mater of the likes of Copernicus and William Harvey, where they attended a seminar on the educational and professional opportunities that Italy has to offer.
In 2016, the BBA Department, with the objective of exposing it students to the industry, education systems, infrastructure and cultures of foreign lands, drawing special reference to the subject “International Business”, organized an International Industrial Tour to Russia and Scandinavian countries – Finland, Estonia and Stockholm.
1. To integrate subject knowledge with real life experience.
2. To give practical exposure to classroom teaching.
3. To build up and strengthen the Industry Academia collaboration.
1. Permission from the visiting organization. Classes shall be allowed for Industrial Visits in the following pattern.
|| Type of Visit
|| Preferred Industry to be Visited
|| Minimum No. of Faculty
|| First year UG
|| One-day Visit
|| Second year UG
|| One-day Visit
|| Final year UG
|| Over-night &
2. Permission from Principal with details of the trip cost and funds collected.
3. Make necessary arrangements for travel and visit. Also, collect parent’s declaration( in case of out of station visit )
4. Formal attire and discipline to be maintained during the visit.
5. After the visit, submit the industrial visit form duly filled, along with two photographs online to the Industrial Visits coordinator.
6. The organizing staff should maintain a report drafted by the student, covering the following areas; History, Business, Departments (such as Marketing, HR, Finance and Accounts) and the future plans of the organization.