Library & Information Centre
Library is an important social Institution, serving society in several ways. It has various functions including Educational, informational, economical and cultural aspects. A library is a collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing. It provides physical or digital access to material, and may be a physical building or room, or a virtual space, or both.
A library may have collections of printed materials like books, Periodicals, journals, newspapers, maps, manuscripts and micro forms etc and E-resources like E-books, E-journals, E-databases and other formats.
Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan was born 12 August 1892 was a mathematician and librarian from India. His most notable contributions to the field were his five laws of library science and the development of the first major faceted classification system, the colon classification. He is considered to be the father of library science, documentation, and information science in India and is widely known throughout the rest of the world for his fundamental thinking in the field. His birthday is observed every year as the National Library Day in India.
Five laws of library science
1. Books are for use
2. Every book its reader.
3. Every reader his book
4. Save the time of the reader
5. Library is a Growing organism
An Academic Library is a library that is attached to a higher education institution which serves two complementary purposes to support the institution’s curriculum, and to support the research activity of the university/college faculty and students.
An Academic Library plays a very important role in supporting the academic programs of the institute. It identifies, evaluates, procures, processes and then makes these learning resources available to the faculty and students for their teaching, learning and research assignments.
The Library is an integral component of the institution ever since its inception in 1972. The Library offers vital support for teaching, learning, research activities of the College by disseminating knowledge and offering modern services to the academic fraternity. It is fully automated using Easy Lib software for its housekeeping operations.
Monday to Friday – 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Saturday – 8.00 AM to 1.00 PM
1. Computerization – 1999
2. Library automation – 2005
3. Shifting from old building to new building – 2005
4. Inflibnet institutional membership – 2010
5. Digital library with 52000 e-books – 2013
6. Library conference – 2016
7. E- learning centre – 2016
Library Staff Profile
|Name of the Faculty
|Mrs. H. G. Manjula
||B.Sc, M.Lib, M.Phil
|Mr. K.N. Lakshmipathi
||B.Sc, MLIS, M.Phil,(PhD)
|Mrs. Prema paul
|| Library Assistant
|| Support staff
|| Support staff
Code of conduct:
1. Users must carry their ID cards in the library. Users may not refer to, or borrow books without ID cards.
2. ID cards are non-transferable.
3. Users are requested to scan their Id cards wile coming in and out
4. Users are requested to maintain silence in the library.
5. The library reading area should be used only for reference and consultation of resource materials.
6. All cell phones should be switched off in the library; any violation will attract confiscation of the cell phones.
7. Users are prohibited from listening music or watching movies on their laptops and cell phones inside the library.
8. Persistent defaulters of various library rules will have their library services suspended.
1. Three books are issued for UG students and five books for PG students at a time.
2. Books are issued for a period of 14 days and same can be renewed only once.
3. Rs. 1.00 per day will be charged for late returns.
4. The students have to renew the outstanding library books before the exam and should be return immediately after the exam.
5. Reference books and journals are not for issue and they have to be referred inside the Library.
• Library Holdings
• Amount Spent for the Financial Year 2015-16
• Library services
• E- Resources
• Open source links
• Search engines
• List of Journals