“Entrepreneurship is all about deferred gratification” - Narayan Murthy.
The Innovation & Incubation Centre- (IIC), at St. Josephs College of Commerce aims to be a stepping-stone for its thriving incubatees who are driven by passion to birth change and be the change-makers of tomorrow, today. The IIC seeks to equip its students with resources to surpass economic perils, creative blocks, and lack of mentorship and market conditions. The success of any business primarily depends on the product, its R&D, the clientele relations and growth prospects. This is where the IIC bridges the gap between the entrepreneur and his vision, with top-notch resources and guidance. The right balance between theory and practice is established, aiding the entrepreneurial journey. With an extensive assemblage of alumni, who have succeeded as entrepreneurs and leaders in various fields, will be instrumental in proving these entrepreneurs with substantial support and skills- be it technical or interpersonal.
The Innovation & Incubation Centre is in provision of:
• Infrastructure – standardised labs, equipment and workspace.
• Network and Engagement – ties with various institutions, alumni, mentors and collaborations.
• Training – idea generation, business development, skill-set equipment
• Curated Mentorship and Academia - professionals from various arenas, seasoned expertise, observation and feedback, personalised guidance and relationship-building.
• Capital – backing in terms of funding opportunities and resources
• Awareness – start-up culture, markets, untapped opportunities, government concessions.
The Innovation & Incubation Centre stands for limitless thoughts and ideas of a young mind, and that is only possible by fostering the entrepreneurial spirit, thus the innovative spirit. The centre envisions to build a generation of solid minds with a rounded personality to justify the men and women of tomorrow.
Our vision is to be a centre of innovation and excellence that synergises harmonious relationship between the academia and industries that fuels entrepreneurial spirit and to build resilient, creative & futuristic entrepreneurs who will uphold values of the society.
To focus on growing, developing and mentoring student startups and creating student entrepreneurs.
To influence and induce core entrepreneurship values in incubates and persuade them to strive for excellence and success in whatever they do.
To ignite the spark of innovation and creativity amongst students that results in stimulating the entrepreneurial spirit.