The BBA Entrepreneurship Program of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce has been designed with a vision to infuse experiential and high-quality education with a global focus. The entrepreneurial skills learnt by the students ensure not only the fundamental understanding of management, but also the confidence to set up businesses and projects with deep industry interaction and social interfacing.
This Program involves a unique and dynamic combination of creativity, innovation, critical-thinking and organization, provided on an interactive platform, by faculty with proven research and academic credentials, which hones the students into becoming competent future entrepreneurs.
● To inculcate critical thinking among students so that they are capable of identifying business opportunities by using
cutting-edge analytical tools and problem-solving skills to start new businesses and implement
processes to successfully operate these businesses.
● To create entrepreneurial managers for the corporate world
● To Effectively understand and implement a business report for a new venture
● To Develop family business successors as enterprising and knowledgeable owners
of the business of their predecessors
● To understand ethical issues related to owning a business, and the responsibility to both investors and employees.
● To incorporate extensively – along with theoretical knowledge sharing – various skills (viz., Presentations,
rapid reading, geo political awareness, time management, analytical, communication) needed
for managerial effectiveness.
● To promote knowledge through research – both applied and conceptual relevant to management.
● To enhance the decision – making skills and administrative competence of students
● To motivate students to apply management techniques to new and innovative areas of management
Duration of the Program
The course of study for the BBA degree shall extend over a period of three academic years. Each academic year comprises of two semesters.
● The Three year BBA Entrepreneurship degree program is divided into six semesters.
● The department has tied up with the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) to offer exclusive
papers in Entrepreneurship each semester.
● Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
● The program includes 36 papers offering a wide range of optional and elective
subjects for the student to choose from.
● Professional Certification Programs.
● Mandatory courses on advanced excel and personality development form part of the curriculum.
● Cloud based content and pedagogy.
● E-Cell responsible for developing and inspiring student Entrepreneurs.
● The program requires the students to complete two internships (start up and corporate internships) during
the duration of the course.
● The department conducts several seminars at the international, national and state level.
● Research paper publications under mentorship of experienced faculty members.
● Industrial Visits that are course relevant.
● Guest lectures from highly experienced and established Entrepreneurs are arranged.
● Department Association’s (Josephite Business Club, Conexus, Fountainhead, and Leadership Development Cell)
offer a platform and conduct a variety of activities to cater to the wide range of talents of the student body.
● Annual International Industrial/ University Visits.
● A well established mentorship system.
● Career counseling and placement assistance.
● Opportunity to pursue Summer School Programs with London School of Economics (LSE) and
French University of Tourism.
Classroom instruction through audio visual aids
Cloud based Classes
Business Fest (Virtuoso)