Rapid changes grip the world today and the context in which business firms operate has undergone enormous change. St. Joseph’s College of Commerce in keeping pace with these changes has designed the BBA (Professional) program in collaboration with the Certified Institute of Management Accountants. (CIMA)
CIMA is the world’s leading, and largest, professional body of management accountants. The unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects offered by competent staff of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce and acclaimed professionals produces competent and confident CGMAs who can lead their organisations to sustainable success.
BBA (CIMA integrated) program not only offers a nine paper exemption from the regular CIMA papers but also gives an opportunity to students to gain qualifications like, Certificate in Business Accounting, Diploma in Management Accounting and Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting as they pursue this program.
About CIMA, Courses, Additional Fees details : Click Here
● To train and produce competent and qualified management accounting professionals who can guide
and lead their organisations to sustainable success and growth.
● To impart knowledge to students in functional areas of business so that they may pursue careers in management
and excel in different fields of management.
● To offer a blend of Management Accounting, Financial Accounting and Business focused subjects
ensuring the right mix of skills and knowledge to bridge the gap between industry and academics.
● To deliver a strong understanding of all aspects of business to the students so
that they can contribute in all the areas of organization.
● To promote knowledge through research- both applied and conceptual relevant to management.
Duration of the Program
The course of study for the BBA degree shall extend over a period of three academic years. Each academic year comprises of two semesters.
● A student pursuing the BBA (Professional - Finance and Accountancy) Program will be eligible
for 9 paper exemptions out of the 16 papers for CIMA qualification.
● Opportunity for additional certification in Business Accounting, Diploma in Management Accounting
and Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting as they pursue the program.
● It is a unique program which has a right blend of all the key competencies required for an ever changing
business environment and an opportunity to pursue their CIMA qualification alongside BBA course.
● The teaching of CIMA integrated subjects will be done by experienced practicing professionals from the
industry as well as the professionals specialized in the relevant area.
● Additional expert input sessions is provided by Indian School of Commerce (ISC) to facilitate learning
and evaluation of CIMA papers.
● Access to 4500 employer partners spread across 180 countries for placements including India.
● Industry exposure through Internship, field visits, guest lectures and projects.
● Holistic development of students by training in soft skills, computer skills, certificate courses
and Interdisciplinary subjects included under the choice based credit system (CBCS).
● It inculcates innovative and creative thinking among students, due to the encouragement
of student research activities.
● The program includes 36 papers offering a wide range of optional and elective subjects
for the student to choose from.
● The department conducts several seminars at the international, national and state level.
● Department Association’s (Josephite Business Club, Conexus, Fountainhead, and Leadership Development Cell)
offer a platform and conduct a variety of activities to cater to the wide range of talents of the student body.
● Annual International Industrial/ University Visits.
● A well established mentorship system.
● Career counseling and placement assistance.
Classroom instruction through audio visual aids
Business Fest (Virtuoso)