About the Programme
The B.Sc Economics (Honours) programme has been designed to provide cutting-edge expertise in mainstream economics. The programme aims to develop students' analytical, creative, and critical thinking abilities for decision-making and problem-solving. It aims at a better understanding of social, economic and political issues and also explores the full spectrum of finance. The transferable skills attained through the B.Sc Economics (Honours) are highly sought after by employers and increase the employability quotient of students in various dynamic fields. A student could be an economist, a government advisor, a financial consultant, an econometrician, banker and also look forward to different government positions after successful completion of the programme. Keeping in view the new NEP, the programme is multidisciplinary in nature and integrates different fields like Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, History, Politics, Environmental Studies, Model Building with an inbuilt local as well as global perspective. New elements such as internships, case studies, seminars and research projects enhance a deeper understanding of the practical applications of the programme. So, join in to embark on a whole new adventure with us. On completion of B.Sc. Economics (honours) at SJCC, students will acquire comprehensive knowledge of how the economic principles are applied in society, family, government and private sector, business, and science.
The four-year B.Sc Economics (Honours) programme follows the NEP programme structure as specified by the Government of Karnataka. Along with Economics as a Major Discipline, the students shall study Psychology as a Minor Discipline.
For more information on the programme, please refer to the B.Sc Economics (Honours) Programme brochure, please click
Shift I: 7.00 am onwards
It is mandatory for all candidates seeking admission to the 1st year of the degree programme to have successfully completed 12 years of schooling through an examination conducted by a Board/University. Mandatory eligibility for the Programme is a pass at the +2 level (ISC/CBSE/ other state boards/International Board/Karnataka PU Board) in any stream with a minimum of 60%.
Entrance Examination (Round 1 & Round 2)
The Entrance Examination for the B.Sc Economics (Honours) Programme will be conducted in the offline and online mode.
Students from other states/ NRI students have the option to opt for online entrance (Round 1) and online subject knowledge interview (Round 2- shortlisted candidates of Round 1).
Details of the Entrance examination (Round 1 & Round 2):
|Last date for application||Download E-Admit Card for SAT-Eco||Round 1: Offline and Online Entrance Exam (SAT-Eco)||Round 2: Subject knowledge interview
(For shortlisted candidates of Round 1)
|Round 3: Personal interview, and Document verification
(For shortlisted candidates of Round 2)
5th April, 2023
|Sunday, 8th April, 2023||Tuesday, 11th April, 2023
2.00 P.M. to 3.00 P.M.
|Thursday, 13th April, 2023
(Timings will be notified in the E-admit Card)
|Saturday, 15th April, 2023
(Timings will be notified)
Round 1: St. Joseph’s Aptitude Test for Economics (SAT-Eco)
The candidates will be tested in the areas of Economics, Communicative Skills in English and Grammar, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Numerical ability, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs The entrance exam paper will be for 60 marks consisting of 60 multiple choice questions (MCQs) for one mark each. The examination will be for a duration of one hour.
SAT-Eco Question Paper Pattern:
Section A: Aptitude for Economics
Section B: Basic Maths
Section C: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
Section D: Communicative Skills in English and Grammar
• Each section will consist of 15 questions
• All questions are compulsory
• There will be no negative marking
Provisionally Selected candidates for Round 2 will be intimated through applicant login/E-mail.
Round 2: Subject knowledge interview
Candidates shortlisted from Round 1 will be called for Round 2. Qualified candidates in Round 1 are required to attend the subject knowledge interview in formal attire. The timing for the interview will be notified after Round 1.
Personal interview, and Document verification
Qualified candidates in Round 2 are required to attend the personal interview and document verification round along with their parents in formal attire.
Documents required for Document Verification:
1. Printout of the filled in online application form
2. Valid ID (Aadhar, Passport etc.)
3. Class X marks card
4. Class XI marks card
5. Class XII marks card(if available)
6. Caste certificate(if Applicable)
7. Parish priest letter(if Roman Catholic)
8. E- Admit card.
|Programme||Qualifying Examination||Foreign Nationals|
|Karnataka PU Board||Other State or Central Boards/ISC/CBSE||International Boards/NRI students|
|Parking Fees for Two Wheelers (per annum)||4,720|
Indian nationals pursuing an international curriculum in India will pay the fee applicable for theNRI status during the first year.
Details regarding the payment of fees by the candidate will be intimated in the Provisional Admission letter.
Issue of Applications
15th February, 2023
Last Date to Apply
5th April, 2023
Download Admit card
7th April, 2023
Round 1: Aptitude Test (SAT-Eco) Date & Time
11th April, 2023
Round 2: Subject knowledge Interview
13th April, 2023
Round 3: Personal interview, and Document verification
15th April, 2023
• The e-admit card is required to be kept with the candidate throughout the admission process.
• All students must keep valid ID proof (such as Driving License/Passport/Electoral ID/Aadhar Card) along with aptitude test admit cards. Passport and Visa Page if from Outside India.
• Candidates should download their Admit Card from their Applicant portal (download admit card) on the dates mentioned.
• Candidates will not be allowed for Round 2, if they do not meet the minimum eligibility conditions.
• In case the candidate has applied for TWO or more programmes, date/time will be notified in advance. Candidates are therefore, requested to check the website for the details.
• The responsibility of satisfying the eligibility criteria for the Entrance exam lies with the candidate. Issue of the E-Admit card for the selection process does not imply that the eligibility criteria are satisfied.
In case, the candidate is not able to download the e-admit card for any reason kindly get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9620779157, 9620779152 well before the date of entrance exam.
• The college does not accept capitation/donations for admissions. In case such a demand is made by anyone, it is requested to bringit to the notice, in writing to the
Vice President, Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society, Jesuit Nivas, 35, Museum Road, Bengaluru–560 025.
• The decision of the Admissions Committee at St. Joseph’s College of Commerce will be final and binding in all matters concerning admissions.
163, Brigade Road, Bengaluru- 560 025 |
Ph. Nos: (080) 2536 0644 / 46
© 2019 St. Joseph's College of Commerce (Autonomous).
All rights reserved | Designed by INTEGRO