IQAC initiatives 2015 - 2016
- The extension activities and extracurricular activities along with credit points were initiated to be recorded in the Grade Card
- A ten-point grading system was initiated to be adopted as per UGC guidelines for the implementation of CBCS.
- In compliance with the Choice Based Credit System, examination and evaluation reforms were initiated by IQAC
- IQAC was instrumental in the successful implementation of CBCS system during this academic year.
- Redesign of Answer booklets to reduce paper wastage was initiated.
- IQAC was Instrumental in the Commencement of new collegiate program – B. Com-Business Process Management (BPM)
- IQAC was Instrumental in the Commencement of new collegiate program – B. Com -International Accounting and Finance
- Collaborated the formation of the ECO Club.
- Collaborated the formation of the Finance Club, named Finaryans
- Initiated the formation of The Mavericks – A Step above the Rest for PG students.
- Orientation Programme for newly admitted students was organized
- Training collaboration with Athena Training Academy for vocational education
- The Business Mentorship programme for students was organised – the techniques and skills they would require to win inter- collegiate events.
- Union Budget Discussion in collaboration with News9.
- Arranged a lecture on Union Budget 2016 by V. Raghu Raman, Chartered Accountant, SJCC Alumni.
- Initiated a collaboration with a Training & Development centre – IMS Proschool
- Initiated a collaboration with a Training & Development centre – Meridian Digital World
- Initiated a collaboration with a Training & Development centre – Athena Training Academy
- A Twinning Program proposal with Eastern Institute of Technology, New Zealand (EIT) and St. Joseph's College of Commerce has been initiated.
- IQAC News Letter published
- Developing IOC Modules for Students was initiated by IQAC in collaboration with Chartered Institute for Securities& Investment – UK
- Collaborated the Alumni Association AGM on 15th August 2015
Faculty Enrichment Programs
- FDP on Teaching Pedagogies and Practices was organised with resource persons: Dr. Tony Tampi Kayala
- FDP for Teachers " Building Teaching Competencies" Resource person. Fr. Joe Arun, GIM-Goa.
- Pedagogy of Case Study Analysis for staff was organised- Resource Person. Ms. Bharathi of Christ University
- FDP on Finance and Accounts for Business Process Services
- A Six-day Faculty Empowerment Program with Mount Carmel College was conducted
- Faculty development Programme in association with Cimply Five Corporate Secretarial Services Private Limited was conducted
- Staff Self-Appraisal
- Induction program for New staff-employees was organized.
- Feedback Platform – Parent Teacher Meet was organized
- Student Feedback Forum – Open House was conducted
- Student Feedback Forum – Women Open House was conducted
- Feed Back Platform – Exit Interview of Final years students of UG and PG was conducted
- Student Feedback on Staff evaluation was conducted
- In response to student feedback – Infrastructural development was initiated- Automatic state of art projector was installed in all classroom, Two Additional Digital Signage TVs were installed
- Organised a special address “Overview of Global Investors Meet” - GIM 2016 through Alumni Association
- Relief for Nepal earthquake initiated from students and faculty members.
- Collaborated for the Program – Ignitors, a Jesuit initiative – to ignite students on social issues and the role they can play to bring about a change in society
- Women's Empowerment day celebrations was jointly celebrated with Eco Club and Rotaract Club
- Initiated for all associations of college to come together and celebrated the World Human Rights Day
- Initiated Chennai flood relief and restoration activities from faculty and students.
- Initiated a Faculty Outreach Programme to Bijapur and Mundgod as part of the outreach programme
- As a part of Faculty Outreach Program, arranged a visit to Shikar Khana (Golla Tribe).
- India Today Ranking participation
Workshops, Conferences and Seminars.
- Building Teaching Competencies, a Workshop was organised.
- A Workshop titled The Project Vision was conducted for the first year BBA, non- Catholic students.
- A pre-placement workshop in association with Test Cracker, a group of IITians dedicated to train students in aptitude tests, interview techniques, and group discussions.
- Workshop on Personality Development and Team Dynamics
- Workshop on The how, why, when and where of Chartered Accountancy
- A Workshop on Corporate Integrity was conducted by Mr. Ganesh Iyer, Country Head, Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments for the Post Graduate students.
- Workshop on ‘Innovation & Entrepreneurship’
- Conducted a training and certification Programme on Finance and Accounts for Business Process Services
- Collaborated with FKCCI for the International Seminar – Tourism Sector in India, Development, Sustainability and Challenges
- Workshop on Cracking Bank Exams
- Workshop on Presentation and Soft skill
- IQAC conducted a UGC sponsored one day National seminar titled Strengthening Transparency in Higher Educational Institutions - A Quality Assurance Measure.l
- Along with CSA a two-day Workshop titled "Beyond Tolerance towards Acceptance" was conducted.