IQAC initiatives 2016 - 2017
- Orientation Programme for newly admitted students was organised
- Instrumental for the launch of the Official Mobile Apps of the college has been launched which is accessible to students and staff.
- Under CBCS proposed to offer specializations in a) Accountancy b) Finance c) Marketing d) Human Resource Management e) Economics f) International Business g) Banking.
- The orientation programmes for the new batch of students (2016-17) was conducted
- Organised Bridge course
- Remedial classes by Peer students – (Quick Learners) was organized
- Knowledge Exchange with CMR-IMS in areas of common interest – syllabus, soft skills, exam practices
- Union Budget, 2017, discussion by students was organised
- Explored the possibilities of academic partnership with the French University of Tourism, France.
- IQAC News Letter Published
- Peer Institution-Interaction for best practices exchange with St. Xavier College, Kolkata -Fr. Moulin and 75 students
- Switched over to Online application for convocation fees and various other certificate fees like TC, Bonafide, etc. with integrated payment gateway.
- Expert Committee visit for the UGC Visit for Extension of Autonomy
- Conducted a Green Audit for the college in association with Women's Cell
- Organised along with Alumni Association the annual intra-collegiate annual quiz competition on August 12th, 2016
- Partnered with ISCD for IFRS courses
- A session was arranged for a meeting of TQM members with Prof. Madhu Rao, Associate Dean, School of Management, Seattle University, USA who visited the campus
- ACCA National Level Round Table Conference on IND AS
- Coordinated the Peer Institution Visit by Fr. Moulin, Principal, representing St. Xavier college, Kolkata along with his team of five teachers and seventy-five students
- Experience sharing program for ESDES, France – selection of B. Com TT students
- Initiated ‘Gender Audit’ in association with Women’s Forum.
- Conducted an Academic Audit of the College with external panel members
- Signed a MoU with University of St. Andrews for student exchange programmes and research work collaboration among the faculty of both the institutions.
- Initiated an MOU to develop common interest to initiate bilateral relations towards common academic interest with Loyola academy degree and PG. College, Alwal, Secunderabad
- MOU sign off with Loyola, Alwal, Secunderabad for Bilateral relations with respect to common academic interest
- MOUS with University of St. Andrews, Scotland, Eastern Institute of Technology, England. French University of Tourism, France
- MoU with NEN
- Collaborated for the CIMA MOU
- Industry partnership with Thomas Cook
- Industry partnership with iStar
- Industry partnership with IMS Pro-school
- Industry partnership with National Stock Exchange of India – for short term courses
- Industry partnership with EY for scholarship program
- Industry partnership with TCS for Business Process Services Management Program
- Industry partnership with Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI)
- Industry partnership with Karnataka Tourism Form
- Industry partnership with Patrick Academy
Faculty Enrichment Programs
- Faculty Empowerment Programme (FEP) was jointly hosted along with Mount Carmel College Staff Self-Appraisal
- Induction program for New staff-employees was organised
- Smooth transition of Online work load diary to capture day to day efforts of the faculty members.
- Conducted an FDP with EDI, Ahmedabad for Entrepreneurs
- Parent Teacher Meeting
- Feedback Platform – Open House
- Feedback Platform – Women Open House
- Feedback Platform – Exit Interview of final years UG and PG students was conducted
- Feedback Platform – Student Feedback on Staff evaluation was conducted
- Lecture by Ms. Brinda Adige, Global Concerns India on 'Gender Sensitization and Gender Based Violence' was organised
- Lecture by Ms. Brinda Adige, Global Concerns India on 'Human Trafficking' was organized
- Kobe College student exchange programme - visit to Nirmla Shishu bhavan
- Kobe College student exchange programme - visit to BOSCO
- Kobe College student exchange programme - visit to Jyothi Seva
- India Today - Nielsen College Ranking 2017.
- NIRF Ranking participation
- Times BBA Ranking participation
Workshops, Conferences and Seminars.
- Associated with FKCCI for an international seminar on "India, an incredible Business and Investment Destination – a myth or reality.”
- International Seminar: Tourism and Universal Accessibility – Challenges and Opportunities
- National IQAC Conference on ‘New Approaches to Learning Outcomes and Assessment under Choice Based Credit System’
- Organised an International Seminar: Integrated Reporting – Focus Beyond Financial Results